Post Exam and Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I take the exam?
To maintain the integrity of the exam, questions and answers won’t be made available. Your best course of action is to review your percentage scores for the exam sections listed on your score report to determine how well you did on each section. Then compare your scores to the “Exam Description and Topics” section of the Certification Guide to target the topic areas to review.
When or how will I receive my certificate and badge?
- Preparation Course Certificate - You can download a copy of your completion certificate by going to myLearning@adp "Achievements" tab.
- ADP Certified Specialist Certificate - A copy of your completion certificate can also be downloaded from myLearning@adp "Achievements" tab.
- Digital Badge - You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org notifying you that ADP issued you a new badge within 1-2 weeks after earning your certification. Follow the steps on this video on how to accept, manage and share your accomplishment! You can also download a copy of your digital certificate.
How long is my certification valid?
Your ADP Professional Certification is valid for three (3) calendar years from the exam date.
How do I maintain my certification?
Earning your certification is a big step and as an ADP Certified Specialist, you must demonstrate continued competence in using our ADP solutions. To make it easy for you to maintain your certification, we will automatically assign the course "Maintaining Your ADP Certified Specialist Status" after passing the exam. This course outlines the requirements to maintain your certification and the activities could include:
- Completion of our product release, seasonal training, and webinars such as year-end and quarter-end training.
- Completion of advanced product training.
- Participating in any ADP Client Conference such as Pro Conference or Meeting of the Minds. Practitioners will be required to upload proof of attendance or participation.
ATTENTION: ADP Certified Specialists who passed the exam prior to Spring 2020. A notification will be sent once the course "Maintaining Your ADP Certified Specialist Status" has been assigned. You will be given 3 years to complete the requirements from the time of notification. If you have already completed advanced ADP training, you only need to upload proof of completion.
What do I do if my online exam is interrupted or if I experience technical issues?
Try the following:
1. Refresh your web browser to return to the exam. Make sure your answers are saved before continuing with the exam.
2. Reconnect to the Internet and log back into myLearning@adp. Follow your original instructions to access the exam. Make sure you start where you left off.
If the above steps do not work, contact our team by sending an email to email@example.com. We will respond to you within 24-48 hours with a resolution.
Which ADP products offer professional certification?
ADP offers professional certification for ADP Workforce Now®, ADP Vantage HCM® and RUN Powered by ADP®. Certification for other ADP solutions will be available in the future and will be added on this site.
What is your exam cancellation and refund policy?
It's totally understandable if you change your mind. Exam fees are refundable if you cancel within 30 days from your date of payment. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your exam and receive your refund. You also have the option to move your exam to the next testing period.
What is your retake policy?
Candidates who fail the exam must wait until the next testing window (or 90 days) before retaking the exam. Candidates who retake the exam must pay the full exam fee at each attempt.
How do I reschedule a preparation course?
To reschedule a virtual instructor-led course, you must first unregister from your current session. Once you have completed that step, you will be allowed to register to a different session date.
For Employers: How can I verify the authenticity of my employee’s certification?
We maintain a database of those who are certified however we cannot legally share that information. Every candidate who passes the exam is provided with an official certificate from ADP and a digital badge. We recommend that employers ask for proof of certification by requiring that the candidate provide a copy of their certificate and/or a link to their digital badge.