Standout Leader Certification FAQ
Am I eligible to register for the ADP Leading Standout Teams: Certified Standout Leader exam?
The minimum requirements to participate are completion of the Coursera Specialization ‘Leading Standout Teams’ and we recommend having a minimum of 6 months in a leadership type of role. It can be with direct or indirect reports.
This program is currently only open to Coursera users that are English speaking and do not reside in a country sanctioned by the US Government.
Certified Standout Leader Exam takers must first complete the self-guided, preparatory materials located on Coursera, before they are eligible to purchase the exam.
What happens after I register for my exam?
You'll receive access to your learning path within 2 weeks after purchase. Your learning path will contain a module for an exam, it will be listed as the last course in your learning path.
What happens after I take the exam?
You'll receive a score report at the end of the exam indicating whether you received a Pass or Fail grade.
The passing score for the ADP Certified Specialist exams were derived from a combination of subject matter expert opinions based on minimal competence and observations about how well the exams differentiate between high-performing and low-performing candidates.
Can I find out whether I answered specific questions correctly or incorrectly?
To maintain the integrity of the exam, questions and answers won’t be made available.
When or how will I receive my certificate and badge?
- Preparation Course Certificate - You can download a copy of your completion certificate by going to myLearning@adp "Achievements" tab.
- ADP Certified Specialist Certificate - A copy of your completion certificate can also be downloaded from myLearning@adp "Achievements" tab.
- Digital Badge - You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org notifying you that ADP issued you a new badge within 1-2 weeks after earning your certification. Follow the steps on this video on how to accept, manage and share your accomplishment! You can also download a copy of your digital certificate.
How long is my certification valid?
Your ADP Standout Leader Certification is valid for three (3) calendar years from the exam date.
How do I maintain my certification?
Earning your certification is a big step and as an ADP Certified Standout Leader, you must demonstrate continued competence in using your new skills. To make it easy for you to maintain your certification, we will email you a task aide "Maintaining Your ADP Standout Leader Certification Status" after passing the exam. This document outlines the requirements to maintain your certification and the activities could include:
- Utilizing the Standout Teams SaaS Products regularly within an organization for a min of a year
Either 10 hrs in one of the following activities or a combination of 10 hrs total across all 3 activities.
- Completion of 10 hrs of ADP Standout courses on Coursera . Provide Completion Certificates from Coursera
- Participating in any ADP Client Conference such as Pro Conference or Meeting of the Minds. Leaders will be required to submit proof of attendance or participation as well as proof that the conference was longer than 10 hrs.
- Participation in a Leadership Focused Conference or event. Leaders will be required to submit proof of attendance or participation as well as proof that the conference was longer than 10 hrs.
What do I do if my online exam is interrupted or if I experience technical issues?
Try the following:
- Refresh your web browser to return to the exam. Make sure your answers are saved before continuing with the exam.
- Reconnect to the Internet and log back into myLearning@adp. Follow your original instructions to access the exam. Make sure you start where you left off.
If the above steps do not work, contact our team by sending an email to email@example.com. We will respond to you within 24-48 hours with a resolution.
What is your exam integrity policy?
ADP is dedicated to keeping the highest levels of security, integrity, and validity for all of our examination programs. We maintain the integrity of the ADP Professional Certification Program by ensuring that:
- Only qualified individuals pass our exams and earn ADP Professional certifications.
- No candidate has an unfair advantage over another
- Exam content is secure and not shared or posted to a public forum.
Exam takers are reminded of these responsibilities during the Exam Acknowledgement, which is presented immediately prior to beginning an exam.
Candidates who violate the Agreement, or any Certification policies or requirements will have disciplinary action taken against them.
What is your exam rescheduling and refund policy?
Exams are available for 30 days after they are purchased. If you choose not to take the exam within the 30 day window, you may request a refund or a one-time extension. After 30 days no refunds or extensions will be allowed.
For Refund: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30 days is up. No shows or cancellations made after the 30 day window are non-refundable.
What is your retake policy?
Candidates who fail the exam must wait 90 days if testing for the Standout Leader Certification before retaking the exam.
Candidates may receive a one free retake. After the one retake the candidate must pay the full exam fee at each subsequent attempt.
For Retake: send an email to email@example.com within 5 days of failing the exam.
For Employers: How can I verify the authenticity of my employee’s certification?
We maintain a database of those who are certified however we cannot legally share that information. Every candidate who passes the exam is provided with an official certificate from ADP and a digital badge. We recommend that employers ask for proof of certification by requiring that the candidate provide a copy of their certificate and/or a link to their digital badge.
**Please note: As per consultation with our Legal Department we are unable to accept tax exemptions on any certification packages as our only accepted form of payment is credit card. We cannot accept checks or bill a client’s account for the certification program.